Friday, June 22, 2012

PRODUCTS That Kick Ass




Sorry for the long hiatus in video posts. I'm back!
This week's focus is about products that kick ass.

Watch the video below to see what I'm giving the "POW! Award" to.





I Take It Back!

DON'T use Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark-Circle Roller if you have sensitive skin around your eyes. The product has great coverage, but it gave me a small rash under my eye. Check out the link and see if it's right for you.

DO use e.l.f. Tone Correcting Concealer. Great coverage, great consistency, and no rash! Plus it's a little less expensive.

And the Pow! Award Goes to...

NYC Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer is a fabulous primer to put on before your make-up. It gives your skin a nice glow, it's light, and it's only $4.00. All those things combined deem this product worthy of the "POW! Award." Try this product if you're interested in a new primer.

Essie Bikini So Teeny. A color reminiscent of something that Tinkerbell/Cinderella would wear. You'll get compliments left and right. Plus, Essie is a fabulous brand. Thanks for introducing me to this color, Andrea! This color gets the "POW! Award."

What's kicking ass in your week? Do share!

Head over to Jenny's blog and see what's kicking ass in AZ!

See you next time, friends!
~Jessica

6 comments:

  1. I almost tried the Garnier eye roller but held off because I was worried about using it on my sensitive skin! I've used a Rimmel primer recently but I have very oily skin and I felt like it didn't work that well for me. Haven't seen the NYC. I'll have to look at that one and see how matte it is. Love that Essie polish! Very pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicole!
      The Garnier roller started out so promising! I don't really have sensitive skin-or so I thought, so I didn't think anything of it when I bought it. Glad you didn't buy it- you might have had the kind of reaction I did!

      I don't usually use primer, but I saw the NYC one, and thought I'd give it a try. My skin tends to be more dry than oily, so this is a good fit for me. It has a very minimal shimmer in, and doesn't feel heavy on my skin. For $4.00 it might be worth a try for you!

      You should totally try the Essie color! I seriously get complimented every time I wear it! It's so fun!

      I hope you're doing well!

      Delete
  2. Glad you're back!!!! I kept logging into my Google Reader hoping to see a new Things That Kick Ass and was excited to see one!

    And now I need to go buy that NYC primer, NYC nail polish, and Essie nail polish. Stuff looks amazeballs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! It's good to be back! Hopefully it's not a month before another one :)

      Definitely try the primer and polishes! I'm loving all of them! And they are so decently priced, that you can try them without hurting your wallet :). Let me know what you think if you try them!

      "See" you soon!

      Delete
  3. Definitely checked out the nail polish link- I am excited to try it out! It seems like light colors always look retarded on me though so I stick to the darks, but I just might have to go buy this one! Just found your blog and have loved scrolling around and getting to know you better and looking at all of your recommendations. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie!
      It's so lovely to "meet" you! I'm excited to head over to your blog and get to know you a little more :). This is why I love blogging- new friends!

      If you try the Essie color, let me know what you think! I get compliments on the color every time I wear it :). If you usually like darker colors, and are looking for a new color, you could definitely try "Times Square Tangerine." I'm wearing it in this video, and it's darker in person than on the video. I like it because it's a good balance of bright and dark orange. I also get compliments on that color. I love nail polish!

      Thanks for stopping by and saying hello!I'm looking forward to connecting with you more!

      Delete