Thursday, June 30, 2011

"Thursday Latelies." Join me in my new adventure!

Welcome to "Thursday Latelies," my newest endeavor, inspired by friend, Jenny, at The Imagination of Jenny Lynne, and  Bex Style Diary.

What are "Thursday Latelies," you ask? Good Question. It's a weekly video post to share the things in our week that we are loving, thinking about, enjoying, or want to share. Pretty cool idea right?!

See, there's so much negativity around. So much we don't stop to be grateful for, think about, or enjoy. I want to be someone who looks for the good, relishes in the beautiful, and encourages others to do the same. This is my attempt to change my outlook, and be more aware of the awesome things in my life. Passing them along to you, hopefully brings you the same kind of joy.

Layla made her debut 3 or 4 times in this video-she wanted to make her presence known, so bear with me in the first 3 minutes, because they are full of really awesome interruptions. She's really cute, though!

I have l-o-v-e-d watching Jenny's videos the last few months, and she's encouraged me do my own, SO, here it is! My first ever "Thursday Latelie!" 



Instagram: An awesome way to share photos and edit them through and iphone app. You can change the filter, add affects, follow friends, and post them to your facebook and twitter page instantly. It's my new favorite thing, AND it's free! If you have the app you can follow me, my user name is jcadriel. Here are a few of my fave instragram shots this week!




 Yummy Drink: Crystal Light and frozen blueberries.
I checked on the nutrition info. I was right that it is sugar free, but it does have 5 calories.
Try it with any crystal light flavor and some fresh or frozen fruit. SO good!

Are you ready for your next obsession? Click here to check out Jones Design Company. You are never going to look back. I haven't.

I talked a little about Greg Boyd, pastor of Woodland Hills Church in Minnesota. Click here, to check out his church and get his podcasts. You can also get them through itunes, under Woodland Hills Church or Greg Boyd.

here is link to Greg Boyd's blog- fantastic!
here is a link to a youtube series called "Flexible Sovereignty," which explains the theological point of view I lean towards called "Open Futurism," or "Open Theology."

Oh, and I totally said, "recent future," which obviously makes zero sense. Try to use that in a sentence this week ;).

Have a wonderful week, friends! Enjoy your 4th of July, and don't blow yourself up :). "See" you next Thursday. Same time. Same place.

Love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!! I love love love getting to see you!!! This makes me think, do you skype? we should become skype friends! It was so cool to see Layla too!!! Oh My is it creepy that I have already watched your video twice? haha. I totally agree with your calorie counting theory. That is how I am too, I make healthy choices but I also enjoy eating! And they don't have Instagram for the EVO yet. I keep checking b/c I want it. I love how you were like "I don't want to be a photographer but I like photography" that is like me with everything. And lastly thank you soooo much for the amazing words of encouragemment and support. Seriously I am honored that you watch me.... and then... I got to the end where you mention me again and I cried!!! Thank you wow, seriously wow. YOU inspire me! And uh yeah I would absolutely LOVE to do a Thursday Latelies together!!! xoxo I can't wait until next week to see your again friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you thank you thank you, for all your encouragement- and then patience- with me doing these Thursday Latelies! It's a challenge to myself, and I'm grateful for you to exposing me to the Thursday Latelie world :). We seem so similar! And no it's not creepy that you watched it twice, haha! I watched your one on your bike at like 2:00am, in my bed, and loved it... who's creepy now? Well, I am so glad that my words meant a lot to you- they are the absolute truth :). You are one awesome gal!

    YES, I do skype! Why have we not thought of this before?! My name is cadrielfamily ....what's yours? We should totally totally totally be skype friends! So fun!

    Thanks again for being you and being my friend! I'll see you again next week!

    P.S. I think it's funny that I have Jeff's phone number and not yours, haha. I can't remember what I was thinking about the other day, but I thought, "I should text Jenny about that," then realized I don't have your number. We should fix this problem ;)

    ReplyDelete