Sunday, July 3, 2011

"NATURE!!! That's Why I Come Up Here"

Anyone get my SNL, Will Ferrell as Robert Goulet, reference? :)

This is how I started my day, today...A cool morning, taking a walk by myself, listening to my ipod, being surrounded by the beauty of my world.

Per-fec-tion.

I know I have talked about creation before and how it is such a reminder to me of the consistency, care, and intelligence behind everything in existence.Well, I still feel that way, so I'm writing about it again :).

I truly believe that creation is one of the most tangible ways that we are spoken to by our maker. More than any other time in my life, I feel connected to that truth and am deeply aware of who I am when I am in wonder of the things in front of me. How can you look at a picture like this...


 and not be stop to stare.

Or a picture like this...

and not feel power.

Or a picture like this....


And not be at peace. 

Or a picture like this...


and not feel joyful with the sun and lush colors. 

Or a picture like this...


and not feel invited to live.

Or a picture like this...


and not appreciate order and design.

Or a picture like this...


and not think of what a miracle life is.

I love feeling a light breeze on my face, experiencing the sudden fragrance a flower has when you walk by, seeing the amazing contrast in the color that is all around me, or staring at my children. Those are beautiful moments to me. They set me free over and over again. My day was filled with a handful of those kind of moments. Complete fullness. Deep gratitude. Pure awe.

John Mayer has an awesome song called "3x5." It's about how a picture can't do justice to what his eyes have seen. Though pictures are all I have to express to you what my eyes and heart have experienced, I hope you can get the jist. The best line in the song is,

"You should have seen that sunrise, with your own eyes. It brought me back to life.

I don't think there is a better phrase that captures exactly how I feel when I am in creation or appreciating it, as that phrase does. It brings me back to life. It reminds of the good, pure, beautiful, and lasting. It frees my mind from itself. 

For the first time in my entire life, I feel like I get "it," like I understand why I believe what I do. I feel most aware of that truth when I am basking in magnificence that is, existence. I wanted to give you a glimpse of my heart, my joy, my peace, and the places where I feel whole.

1 comment: