Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday Latelies- ALOHA!

THIS has been a fabulous week for me, so linking up with Bex...A Style Diary was a blast!

My beautiful daughter turned 4 and, hello, we're in Hawaii... nuf' said.

No products this week- just fun Hawaiian experiences. Holy moly, it's fantastic here!


This is our backyard, and some of the animals we've seen. No words can justly describe how gorgeous
it is, so here are some pictures. 
 







Wanna see all the cows grazing?! Watch the video below :).


 



Happy Birthday Layla! We love you! 
Below are a few pictures of her on her special day. 





  








 SNORKELING

You know how I told you that I went snorkeling, but would NEVER go under one of the tunnels?! Well, I lied :). 
Yesterday, after I recorded this video, we went to the beach and snorkeled again, and we found a tunnel that was easy to go in and out of, so I tried it! It was so much fun! It was about 10 feet down and through a bridge-like structure of rocks. It was light the whole way, so you're never fully in a tunnel. I had to scope it out a few times to make sure I could hold my breath, and then I went for it. Mission Accomplished! I wish I had an underwater to camera to show you what the "tunnel" looked like, but instead, as promised, here are the goofy pictures of me in my snorkeling gear. It's ok to laugh- I did :).
It's fun not to take yourself seriously, haha.


This is Tunnels Beach, where all the snorkeling fun has been had... Beautiful huh?




Rachel's CHARITY:WATER Campaign

When I did this video yesterday, Rachel's campaign was at $420,000, which is amazing. But, 24 hours later, it has grown $150,00 and is $570,000. Over half million dollars! It's absolutely overwhelming. 

If you are interested in learning more about the charity:water organization click HERE. They are one of the best organizations out there.
Rachel's story is featured on their homepage right now. 
 .
HERE is the direct link to Rachel's page if you just want to head straight over there. You can donate if you'd like, keep track of the campaign growth, or just read about the amazing generosity of this girl, and others.

Lastly, HERE is a link to a fund set up to help Rachel's family with the expenses of burying their child. Just writing that gives me a pit in my stomach. You can donate there if you feel compelled. 

There is such power in the life coming from death. Death is so unnatural, and that why it hurts so bad. Rachel's story is reminiscent to me, of Christ. Not that she had to die, but rather that through her death, many will live. There is hope and grace in that. 
But, there is also deep, unrelenting pain for Rachel's family and loved ones, as they try figure out what everyday life is going to look like without her. 
I'm grateful for a God who can hold both sides of the spectrum, and love as each of need. 
Please keep her family is your prayers.

Until next week!

2 comments:

  1. what a fun time you're having in hawaii!

    rachel's family is in our prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawaii is definitely being good us :). I don't think I'll ever want to leave!

    Thanks for keeping Rachel's family in your prayers. Good news, as of today her campaign is up to $710,000! I'm amazed!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete