Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday Latelies- Boots and Leg Warmers Please!

Did you have a good week?

What are you loving?

This week I love boots. Boots are just...perfection.

I'm no fashionista. I like shopping, and getting new things, but I feel like I'm simple, and functional, instead of "Mrs. Super Style." I'm not really edgy or adventurous with what I wear, but I always think it would be fun to have lots of style. Well, a good pair of boots makes me feel that way; makes me feel like I'm one step closer to being "hip." The fact that I just used the word "hip" is proof that I'm not that cool when it comes style lingo.
Boots are fantastic, and my love for them is growing exponentially.
I can feel my wallet getting thinner as I dream about all the boots I want to put my feet in.

But, since I don't have a money tree growing in my backyard, I have to pick and choose what I get, when. See the pair of boots that are making me really happy, in this week's Thursday Latelie video.







I love my new boots! I'm so glad I finally pulled the trigger. I know we're only talking $35.00, but like I always say, I'm cheap, and this was a splurge for me. What do you think?

My gray boots have given me a serious boot itch.

Help! Where do you find your cute, fun, and awesome boots? If I end up buying the boots from where you suggest, I'll send you a Starbucks card. For reals. Under $50.00, and they have to look somewhat like the below picture.
Leg warmers too! I love the buttons on them. Where would you suggest getting leg warmers? Same deal for those. You tell me where to find the pair, and I end up buying them from where you suggest, Starbucks is coming your way! Please, help a girl out!!!


 



Leg Warmers                                          Back Zipper Boots


These beauties are another one of my "must haves" for less than $30.00, I'd say it fits my "cheap" category. Do you like? What would you wear them with?




Luna Bars are a great, on-the-go, morning (for me) bar. I am filled up for a few, it doesn't sit heavy, it tastes great, AND it's good for you. All of that in one tiny little bar.
They are sold in most grocery and health food stores.
Try one!


'Like Calvin Klein's CK One? You'll love our "U." '
It's true folks, the imposter smells just the same, and it's about a millionth
of the price of the original perfume.
Memories of my seventh grade year, came flooding back to me when I sprayed this again after years.
I love how it smells... still.



Remember how I said that we were headed to the park?
Well, here are a few pictures of our fun day. It was an absolutely stunning day.











Now go find me some boots, friends!
~Jessica

8 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Cute video and so glad you got boots. I broke down and bought a pair at Target too. The cognac flat ones that are taller. I would recommend them to you. Payless can have some good finds and Mills Fleet farm! I just got a cute black pair of ankle boots with fleece cuff for $25. I, too, do not like to spend too much as our winters are so harsh on them. I got a pair of over the knee socks at American Eagle. I do not know if I can carry this look off but am trying to be more adventurous. Herbeger's is having sales and will give you a $15 credit for gently used boot trade in.
    Good luck. I shop at the end of the season for great deals too. Enjoy our sunshine today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Luna Bars. The Cookies and Cream ones are really tasty too. I also like Lara Bars. They aren't quite as sweet but they're really good for you and tasty.

    I usually can find some great deals on boots at the following places/ sites:

    Overstock.com. For instance, these: http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Glaze-by-Adi-Womens-Tall-Back-zip-Boots/5171479/product.html for 41.99.

    Ebay is a GREAT option as well. Check these out for 34.99: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Women-Leather-Slouch-Back-Zipper-Knee-Tall-Riding-Boots-/300581907258?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item8bb3e6ddb8#ht_3702wt_1185

    Forever 21 also has some great options.

    Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jessica! I know you commented on my Thursday Latlies & said you were headed to Payless this weekend, but I saw these & loved them! They're a bit over your $50, but maybe not with the BOGO that's going on! = ) I think they're super cute!
    http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?catId=cat10088&subCatId=cat10045&skuId=090093120&productId=70242&lotId=090093&category=&catdisplayName=Womens

    I have these ones from Target & LOVE them! Seriously, wear them all the time & really want to get the black ones also! They don't have a zipper but I love the button detail in the back & that they stretch a bit!
    http://www.target.com/p/Women-s-Mossimo-Supply-Co-Kena-Riding-Boots-Cognac/-/A-13468483

    These one's from Maurices are pretty cute too!
    http://www.maurices.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11965624

    I'm not sure on the leg warmers... I've been looking for those too!

    Happy shopping! = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Lindsey above beat me to these at Overstock...

    http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/Glaze-by-Adi-Womens-Tall-Back-zip-Boots/5171479/product.html

    Pretty much the same as what you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's another GREAT site for inexpensive boots: http://www.urbanog.com/index_109_p1_s1_ipp80.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry it took me so long to get to back to each of your comments! I was honestly looking at each website you all posted for the boots and diligently looking through each one to find what I was looking for. Boots are a big decision! ;)

    Thank you all SO SO SO much for your awesome suggestions! Seriously, you are all so wonderful to help me out! I ended up buying a pair of boots from www.urbanog.com, thanks to Lindsey's suggestions- I'll post a picture soon. I am through the roof ecstatic!

    I'm still on the hunt for leg warmers if you ladies have any suggestions!

    Thank you again for your awesome references! You were all so kind to reply!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's the leg warmers. http://www.etsy.com/shop/SimplySweetbySarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually there are the exact ones http://www.etsy.com/listing/85075753/the-lacey-lou-gold-open-work-legwarmers

    ReplyDelete