Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thursday Latelies- Hunger Games, Freakin' Red, and a Big "Boot" Thank you!


Welcome to this week's Thursday Latelies!
It was a good week over here. See why!



On March 23rd, 2012 the "Hunger Games" movie hits theaters. The official trailer has been released, and I am officially going crazy over it. Check out how amazing it's going to be, in the video below!


 I'm rocking "Red Carpet" lip stain by e.l.f. (or "Freakin' Red," as I like to call it) this week, and I'm lov-ing it. Especially with my mustard scarf.
Rich. Warm. Fall. Winter.
Those are a few words that come to mind when I think of that color combo.
Try the lip stain in any color you like, it's great!
Layla even likes it ;)

 


Let's talk boots!
Thank you everyone who responded with great suggestions on where to get boots. Seriously, I SO appreciate your recommendations. There are some really awesome sites out there for boots.

A BIG "thank you" to Lindsey from Merely a Mouthpiece for suggesting UrbanOG as a place to look for boots. Winner! I found the boots I was looking for, and did two day shipping because I was so excited. Here they are. This site is great for inexpensive, fashionable clothing, accessories, and of course, boots! Thank you, Lindsey!  A starbucks gift card is headed your way!

Here are my new lovelies!








My Little Model- Perfect Fit!




"Traditions are an anchor."

What are your holiday traditions? What are your "anchors" that make celebrating Thanksgiving and Christmas meaningful to you?

I'm excited to share with you, in the coming weeks, some of our family's "anchors" -things that are important to us.
The Holiday's are sure wonderful aren't they?

Happy early Thanksgiving!
~Jessica

9 comments:

  1. LOVE those boots & can't believe the price! Very nice!! Glad you found a pair! = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh & p.s. I'm just as excited as you are about the HG movie! Can't wait!! = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm half way through the second book still but saw the trailer the other day! Excited! I teared up a little when she volunteered for her sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for boots! And freakin red lips :)

    Love your thoughts about tradition. It is kind of cool (and CRAZY) that the things we do shape the way our kids think about holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well hello cutie with the booties. haha. I like that you held your leg up, I am always doing that. :o)
    I adore the UPS man. I love love lOVE getting packages.
    Thanks for reminding me about the scarves post. haha. I shouted out to you in my video too. haha.
    You look pretty with FREAKING red lips. And it seems like everyone is talking about elf now, but we heard it from you FIRST! way back on your T.L. and then I saw it at target. So wahooo to you being ahead of the curve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh PS layla looks good in both the lip stain and the boots. :o) You can tell her Auntie Jenny says it is a good look for her. (yes I am auntie Jenny now)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Saw your video on Bex's page and had to come watch to learn about the lip stain. Very excited to see if I can find me some of that! :)

    Loved your video, I am also very obsessed with hunger games!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea @ Love is: Thanks for helping with my boot conundrum! You should totally look at www.urbanog.com if you ever want an good, inexpensive pair of boots. I am seriously lo-ving mine! Oh, and Hunger Games- I'll be at the midnight showing ;) I'm obsessed!

    Leah~ I'm with you! When she volunteered her sister, in the book, and then the preview, I just about died! It was such an intense part. I can't wait to see it played in the movie! Enjoy reading the rest of the series- it only gets better :)

    Andrea~ It almost terrifying to me how much of what we do shapes our kids. Sometimes I think about it, and it freaks me out, haha. But on the other hand, I love Christmas time, and feel so excited to start new and fun things with my kids!

    Jenny~ You know I love you and your comment. I laughed really hard when I read it :). And of course you can be Aunty Jenny now- duh?

    Bekah~ Thanks for stopping by and saying hello! Did you find the lip stain yet? You'll LOVE it. I'm totally obsessed right now. Oh, and Hunger Games- amazing right? Are you just dying to see the movie in March? I think I made brave the midnight showing, I'm so excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! The new boots are gorgeous.

    ...and thank you for the Sbux gift card. You are way too sweet.

    ReplyDelete