Friday, November 25, 2011

A Family Affair


Happy Thanksgiving!

We had so much for yesterday, you're getting this a day late. But hey, that's what holidays are about- being with loved ones, eating yummy food, and forgetting what time it is.


How fitting that Thanksgiving fell on a "Thursday Latelies" day, when we already talk about what we're grateful for and loving.

Today, I am surrounded by family that I love dearly. We don't get the opportunity to spend holidays together very often, so this weekend is a massive treat. Below is my favorite shot of the day. A rare photo with lots of our family.




Life is sweet, and as I looked around yesterday, I realized that there is far more beauty than there are things to complain about. The gifts in my life, the people I know and love, and feeling in the air yesterday pleasantly forced me to stop, and take in all of the good in my life.

Allow me to welcome you into our Thanksgiving extravaganza. Meet my family, and see what I'm loving this week.





"Icy" Festive Centerpiece

I broke my rule of not decorating for Christmas until after Thanksgiving, and decorated a few days early. With family in town and the fun chaos that happens when you're busy having a great time, I didn't think I would have time to decorate like I usually would this weekend, so I started a few days early to get the show on the road and THIS gem is what I started with. I swear you'll have people guessing what is making it look icy. AND since it only takes you 5 minutes, it's as easy peezy!
Below is a picture or my rendition.





Breaking Dawn

This was definitely a highlight of my week. Easily the best movie of the Twilight series yet. I won't say anything, but if you haven't seen- Go. See. It.
Below is the preview to tide you over if you haven't seen it yet, or give you inspiration to go see it again- which I plan on doing.




Reactions: Cyst Popping


Consider this your warning! The follow video is absolutely disgusting. I didn't even come close to watching the whole thing. I almost puked about 30 seconds in. So, if you decide to watch it, I am not responsible for anything that happens. The only reason I am posting it, is so you have context to the silly reactions of my family. However, watching the video is not necessary to get a laugh out the my other videos. Seriously click "play" at your own risk!



Though the video is beyond nasty, getting a video of my family's reactions to seeing it, is priceless. So join me in laughing at the awesome shock my family had in seeing this video for the first time. It happen to think it's hilarious.

Dad's Reaction





Round 2



Now that I have completely grossed you out...

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and were able to really focus on all there is to be grateful for. There's a lot.

Thanks for joining us for our Thanksgiving!
~Jessica

2 comments:

  1. So fun! I will admit that I'm not really a Twilight fan, nor did I feel I could stomach the puss videos, but I loved your Thursday Latelies video. Your family looks like so much fun! Hope you are continuing to enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving as well! We're so enjoying ourselves over here. Honestly, I didn't watch the puss video for more than 10 seconds. When I was recording my family's reactions, I was hiding from watching the video- you are not missing out! I just loved seeing how everyone handled seeing it. So mean, right? I love me some Twilight, but the books are way better, so if you are ever going to get into it, definitely read the books first.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend! Thanks for being a constant source of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete