Thursday, December 1, 2011

Happy December!

The title says it all!

It's December, and the Christmas season is upon us!
Watch this week's video to see what I'm loving and grateful for.




Advent has started! When December 1st comes around I always get so excited for Christmas. The anticipation is one of my favorite parts about the season.What do you do to anticipate Christmas?




I also asked what your thoughts are about Santa. What did you do as a kid? What did you like? What would you/or have you changed with your kids? I'd love to hear your thoughts about the role Santa does or doesn't play in your Christmas.

Here's how our family is going to talk about it... Bobby and I are going to treat Santa like any other story that kids imagine and play. We will say that he was a real person, name St. Nicholas, and did wonderful things to help people, and that's why people like to dress up like him- to be like him. We can do funny, pretend things around Santa, but I don't want him to be the focus, nor do I want to lie to my children.

This is just how OUR family is addressing the Santa issue. I firmly believe that what you do, is your family's choice, since you know your kids and have your thoughts. I've wrestled with Santa issue the last few weeks, and this is the conclusion that Bobby and I have come up with that's best for our us.We will do the best to raise our kids to be respectful and kind to others who may celebrate differently and enjoy the memories that our household will create.


E.L.F. Tinted Moisturizer has treated me well this week. For $3.00, your wallet won't hurt if you don't like it, and will be smiling if you do.

Vaseline is an amazing product. Check out all of the fabulous things it does for your skin by clicking the link above. My lips are thanking me for the moisture I know my skin will thank me when it's crackly and dry. Remember though, don't use it in your hair. It won't come out for weeks. Right, Rach?!

Just call me Zach. I'm rocking a satchel like he did in Hangover, these days. Look familiar?



Ok, don't call me Zach, please. But I do love my new bag!




HERE is only link I could find for a picture of it. I got mine at JCPenney for $18. The brand is called Olsenboye. I had never heard of it before, but apparently it is Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's clothing line. I should have know by the title. The inner Full-House girl is coming out :).

I just love my kids. This picture is a braggy mom moment. Here is my favorite of them from this past weekend. When I saw this picture, I just about fell over with how beautiful they are. I'm feeling exceptionally proud of them today, so why not share!





Be on the look out for my new video segment coming next week. I'm excited about it!
Hint: "Where's Waldo?"

Jenny is doing the "25 days of Home Alone" leading up to Christmas. It's awesome. Go check out her blog and join in the fun!


Welcome to December! See you soon!
~Jessica

5 comments:

  1. Ok I think I was the first one to watch saw it right when you posted but I had time haha.
    "The doors" - Layla!! So cute, love hearing about it, I shared some of mine thanks to you not from today's post but from a few weeks ago.

    I am kind of freaked out by Vaseline and I reaaally don't like the name "petroleum jelly" eww. haha. But maybe I will try just 'cuz I trust you.

    I have two "satchels" one is dark brown similar to yours but a little smaller, prob seen it on my blog and then I have what my bro calls me hippie bag. haha. But I don't care I love it.

    I was hoping the ring story would be in this!!! :o) bahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved hearing about your traditions on your video. The ornaments were great! We do one every year that describes something significant in our lives. My parents did it for me and my brother and now do it for us and our kids. It's so great! I have a rocking chair ornament, too!

    I hate that Vaseline is called "petroleum jelly." Two of the sickest words ever put together. It doesn't sound like it should go anywhere near your body. haha. I just love the texture! Smooth and melts right away. If you try it let me know!

    Thanks for the satchel support :). Hippie bag-that's funny. I love them too!

    My silly ring story had to make it in! Hopefully people learn from my mistake, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun video :) I use vaseline as an eye cream at night, works really well! HEY, you coulda used it to get that ring off your finger!

    We use Santa in our family... I never grew up with religion so I just wouldn't know how to do it any other way. I was actually going to talk to the youth pastor at ECC this weekend about that very subject!

    Michael's school is having us make a "manger" for baby Jesus - every time he does a good deed he gets a piece of hay (yellow yarn) and then by Christmas he will have a soft place for baby Jesus to lay. I think that concept is helping him re-focus away from the gimmes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am WAY behind on my blog reading. Another great Thursday Latelies!
    Have you seen the book "God Gave Us Christmas"? It's by the same person who wrote "God Gave Us You" and all those other "God Gave Us...." books. I think this one does a pretty good job of pointing out that Christmas is about God and how he is always with us and how Jesus is more important than Santa. But it does that without bashing Santa or making it seem like he shouldn't be part of Christmas at all. Anyway, you might check it out on Amazon or something if you are looking for some Christmas books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I am so bad at responding lately! I apologize!

    Although, this response is way overdue, I so appreciate you all contributing to the conversation. My goal this year: to be on top of responding!

    You are all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete