Thursday, August 18, 2011

Thursday Latelies- Your Future Has Been Adjusted!

Hey! How's your week going?

I hope well.

Mine was....well...routine. 

But, hey, routine isn't bad! I just had to search a little harder for the things in this week's...




"Adjustment Bureau"- SEE IT. Go. Now.

 HERE is a trailer for the movie. SO good!

Below is a sweet picture of the lovely couple.




Fall is almost here! YES! Below are a few pictures of the wreath that is making me super happy :).
And just to be clear, these pictures were for today's post, only- I'm not jumping the gun, guys, I promise. This is not going up until September 1st. I'm just so darn excited for the new season, I had to show you!





GARDEN PIZZA

Pizza dough amount, depends on how many people you are serving. We usually cook 2 pizzas for 5 people.


First: PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees

1) Roll your dough into a pizza like circle. Use flour so it doesn't stick to the pan or pizza stone. 

2) Once rolled out, put a light covering of olive oil over the top of the dough.

3a) Put in oven for 10 minutes.
After it's baked for 10 minutes, keep the pizza in the oven, but turn the oven to BROIL.
Cook on BROIL for 5 minutes- or until desired crispiness. I love it crispy!

3b) While pizza is baking, I like to use the cooking time to cut up your toppings. I like...


Prociutto
Bell Peppers
Jalapeno, finely chopped
Cilantro
Fajita style chicken- would require more prep, but it's de-lish!
Fresh Mozzarella, if you like cheese 

4) Pizza dough should be done by now.
Cheese is optional. I LOVE it. If you choose to put cheese on, do it after you've baked your dough. Take the pizza out of the oven, put the cheese on, stick the pizza back in the oven, on broil is fine, for just a few minutes, until it's melted.

5) Take out, cut into pieces, then serve and garnish your pizza with whatever you've cut up! Yummy!


We like to do it like a pizza bar. Set out all of the toppings, and let people put on what they want.

Any questions? Leave me a comment, facebook message me, or email me at jmcadriel@gmail.com

I'll post pictures next time we make it, so you can see it.

ENJOY!

"The Horse and His Boy" Quote

“I was the lion who forced you to join with Aravis. I was the cat who comforted you among the houses of the dead. I was the lion who drove the jackals from you while you slept. I was the lion who gave the Horses the new strength of fear for the last mile so that you should reach King Lune in time. And I was the lion you do not remember who pushed the boat in which you lay, a child near death, so that it came to shore where a man sat, wakeful at midnight, to receive you.”


-I may or may not have cried after I read that-


That's all from me this week! Enjoy the rest of yours, and I'll see you same time, same place, next Thursday.

It's a date!

3 comments:

  1. Totally have made this type of Pizza and it's a common dinner in my dinner rotation! We also do it as a 'roll' with is a common New York thing - Another variation would be 'sausage and pepper' - where you roast the peppers and put them in balsamic vinegar and olive oil - with Sweet Italian Sausage that you have cooked - on the pizza dough or wrapped as a 'roll'. Try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first of all LOVE your hair and nails in this video, you look great.
    second one thing I am loving lately in your video's is your voice. i don't know if it is because I don't always get to hear it or what but yeah you are adorable.
    Next- so happy for you and your fall wreath, post pictures when you add your "pops of color"
    Next love your thoughts about being healthy, weird I talked briefly about that in my video this week too. Just so you know my fave pizza ever is...ready... PROCUITTO & ARUGULA!!!! :o)
    And another thing we both agree on is a good story about good vs evil epic adventure. seriously my FAVE ever. part of the reason I love LOTR. Love your heart and passion for Aslan. Thanks for sharing!!!! PS mine was 16 and half mins this week too. WE ARE SO IN SYNC!!
    LOVE YOU FRIEND!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rach~ Thanks for the suggestion! A pizza roll sounds yum, yum, yummy! I'll have to try it. Maybe you can make it for me when you're here :). Can't wait to see you! Lots of love to you!

    Jenny~ Thank you for the compliment on my hair and nails. You are too sweet! I twirled my hair for you :). I almost did my nail polish as one of my "things" this week, but decided to wait, since I do nail polish all the time, haha! It's a dark purple from cheap "nyc" brand at Target!
    I will totally post pictures of my wreath once it's all finished! Can't wait!
    SO funny we both talked about our theories on being healthy and that they are the same! I don't deprive myself either :). Ok, so now you really have to visit WA, so we can enjoy a prosciutto and arugula pizza together! SO delicious!
    We are so so so in sync! I love it! I'm so glad you are my friend! Love YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete