Thursday, March 3, 2011

Anxiety Girl to the rescue!






I really hate the abbreviation, "lol" for some reason. Whenever I see it, I always think, "really? You're literally laughing out loud right now, at THAT? Doubtful." It's just one of my silly pet peeves (I could write a whole entry on my pet peeves, actually...maybe later). But I have to say if there was ever a time I would use  "lol" and mean it, it would be upon seeing the above picture. There is such identity for me in that picture, and that's why I think it made me laugh so hard. I wish I was laughing just because the picture was silly and fun, but the truth is, I was laughing because I feel like I could be that superhero.

Today's entry is short, and simply to say that if you identify with this picture like I do, and have a similar day to day tug-of-war with managing anxiety, depression, and panic, I want to you know you are not alone, and you are NOT crazy. I think anxiety/depression/panic and the whole "mental illness" genre of medicine is very misunderstood by the public, and often times not given the attention and merit it deserves. Especially in the christian community. I know there are strong opinions about how to manage, maintain, and work through anxiety, and I sure have my own, but no matter what advice and opinions you may hear from others, you have to do what's best for you, and take care of yourself. Only you can make that decision. I'll probably talk more about this throughout this blog, as I am very interested in our psyche, but we'll just start here for today. And no, your racing heart doesn't mean your having a massive heart attack.

Have a peace filled night, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment