Monday, February 6, 2012

A Sunny February 6th


February 6th, 2010 was an unusually sunny day for Washington. I looked out the window from my hospital bed, and thought to myself, "What a beautiful day to be meeting my son." I marked the weather in my head, because I knew how rare an occasion it was to have the kind of sun we did, on a winter day.


Fast forward two years and here we are. Celebrating Cullen's 2nd birthday. How time escaped me so quickly, I couldn't even tell you. I woke up this morning with a smile on my face, not only because it was my little's man birthday, but because the sun was shining bright and warm today, just as unusual as the day he was born.



Memories of the day I held Cullen for the first time came flooding back to me, and all throughout this day, I have been consistently reminded of how elated I am to be Cullen's mom.
That he is mine to love, teach, and take care of. That he was entrusted to me.


So, here's to you, my precious Cullen. May you grow up to be just as energetic, strong willed, and thoughtful as you are already are now, and may you always know that your worth comes from who created you, not what you do. Finally, may you always know how furiously loved you are. Thank you for teaching me how to love in ways I didn't know were possible.



Happy 2nd Birthday, my sweet boy. I adore you.


That face. Oh, that face. Love you, bud!

4 comments:

  1. Perfect tribute to your spunky and adorable guy. I hope he had the very best day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Andrea! You're so sweet. We had a wonderful day today. Played at the park, yummy dinner together, and cupcakes- perfection! Can't wait to see you this week!

    ReplyDelete