Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday Latelies- My First Love


This was a week of firsts for me.

First time trying a new food.
First time making a new dessert
Reminiscing about my first true love.

It was a good week.

Check out my goodies in this week's video!



Chobani Greek Yogurt- What a lovely treat for my taste buds. I think I might be only one on this earth who hadn't tried it before, but now I have I joined the greek yogurt club, there's no turning back.

Rice Krispie Treats- How I went through my entire childhood without ever making these goodies, I don't know. Some would even call it un-American. We were just a cookie, ice cream, super rich stuff kind of family... but there's a first for everything, right? Well, this week, I made my inaugural batch of rice krispie treats, and have no intention of stopping.
John Mayer Shadow Days- There just aren't enough words, or even the right words, to describe my love for John Mayer. Seriously. He's my first love. We've been through a lot of life together. A new album is upon us, because he just released a snipet of his first single off the new album, "Born and Raised." My heart leaped and skipped a few beats when I found this valuable information out, and heard the new song.

Rach and I have an equal love for the guy. Here's us rockin' out during one of our listening parties. We're notorious for getting pizza and diet coke, taking it to the beach, and serenading ourselves with his music. Below is our 2006 sesh. "Continuum" had just been released. Wowza.


Have a great rest of your week, and weekend!
~Jessica

5 comments:

  1. Try dipping blueberries (or any fruit, really) in your yogurt and then freezing them. I've heard they're pretty good!

    Chris

    chubbetteadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE John Mayer as well. What I would do if he came out with another album that was as good as 'Room for Squares'.... I can dream!

    xoxo, Emily
    www.mainstreetchic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. CanNOT believe you have never made Rice Crispy Treats! They are my go-to thing to do with Michael when he wants some one on one time with me and I don't feel like full on baking which is our fave bonding activity.

    Um, hello, how are we soul sisters in another way? JOHN FREAKING MAYER. Lemme tell you about the time me and my friend waited outside his tour bus after his concert at the paramount in 02... yes, that happened.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your "Thursday Latelies"! I'm not sure that I have ever commented though until now. We never made rice crispy treats growing up either. I have made them a few times in the last few years and they are delish! Love John Mayer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris~ Thank you so much for that suggestion! It sounds delicious. I'm going to the store soon and am going to try it!

    Emily~ You share my sentiments exactly. I have so many warm fuzzies when I hear "room for squares" that another album like that would make my life complete! :) I'll dream with you!! Thanks for your comment!

    Andrea~ I cannot tell you how excited I was when I read your comment! You love John Mayer tooooooooo!! We ARE soul sisters, indeed. Oh man, when I see you next, we are going to have to have a John Mayer chat sesh. I must hear your bus story! He is so fabulous, I could about his for days :). I'm so glad I know you!

    Nicole~ Hi! Thank you so much for your comment! It's nice to "meet" you! I always love making new friends, so feel free to comment anytime :). If you love John Mayer, then we'll get along just fine, haha!

    ReplyDelete