Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday Latelies- A Week in Pictures

This was a week of celebrations. Anniversary, Birthday, 1st Wins, and a new school year beginning.

Sometimes experiences are better explained and felt through pictures. There's a lot of pictures for you this week.

So after my Thursday Latelies Video go see what we did this past week.

You can also link up with BEX to see some other really great "Thursday Latelies" videos, and meet some new friends

Battery Park Purple nailpolish is my fave nail polish this week. I'm lovin' me some purple.

Bobby and I are adoring our Griddle. You should totally use one to cook... well... EVERYTHING! (except bacon- bluckkk)


We celebrated 6 years of marriage. 
Bobby works so hard, is a wonderful father, and loves me well. I'm one lucky gal!
I want a gajillion more years with him.

Steelhead Diner by Pike Place Market- Fantastic!

The night was gorgeous. The sky looked hand painted just for us.

 He's the best of the night, though.


THEN we celebrated my 27 years of life

Birthdays are so much fun, especially when you feel lots of love. Thanks everyone, for the sweet and kind birthday wishes. I'm so glad you are all in my life.

Silly me

Bobby has accompanied me throughout all of my twenties so far, 
and I love that we've grown up together.

4 Generations! My grandma moved here a year ago, 
and we LOVE being able to share life with her. 

What's a birthday without the perfect dinner and dessert?

Homemade Mac and Cheese, upon my request
Thanks, Dad!

Carmelitas- An absolute favorite dessert of mine.
Thanks, Mom!

I'll post recipes for both soon. They were both unbelievably 
 delicious!


Bellevue Christian's first ever football game was a blast! 
AND where Layla's new crush started :)
(I refuse to be the mom who embarrasses my kids by talking about things I'm not supposed to in front of people- like a crush. BUT, when they are 4, and the one begging you to tell everyone, I think that's an exception. 10 years from now, my lips will be sealed. Boundaries, people.)

Bobby and Cullen cheering on the Vikings!

 Bobby and my dad talking football.
 

Us Ladies showing some Viking love

What a spectacular night for an inaugural game, AND win. 

 Ms. Layla started school this week. She loves school and I'm really grateful for the time with Cullen and to myself!

My sweet Layla-bug at school- First day of the year!

Such a model

Headed out for another day

Moon Dough with her friend, Tessa

Cutting out her favorite foods. 
She cut out a picture of a baby- not sure she totally got the idea ;)


So there's my week in pictures, folks.
What a gift it was to celebrate life, celebrate accomplishments, start a new year,
and love where I'm at. 
Life is good.
 
See you next week, my friends!

4 comments:

  1. How do you like Bellevue Christian? (I guess I should watch your vid before I ask, lol) Michael goes to a catholic school up in issy, but I am thinking ahead for kindergarten. Hubby wants the boys in private school and I'd rather it was a christian school... and that is super close to home which is a big bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you this week so it is good to see you. Cullen is looking cuter everyday!! I am glad you had a great anniversary and birthday! When you said Pike's Peak, I was like ohhh that is where the Starbucks is, haha. Jeff was listening from the kitchen while I was watching this and when you made the bacon comment, he perks up and says "what she doesn't like bacon?? (long pause) DE-FRIEND" haha I was laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. Your kids are so completely adorable. And I absolutely know what you mean about how nice it is to have those times when no one needs you for something. It's so refreshing. Glad you got to have some 'un-needed' time for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea~ We LOVE Bellevue Christian! This is Layla's second year there in their preschool program, and we could not be more pleased. Her teacher is wonderful, and the community of people and families at BCS is incredible. I don't know if we'll end up keeping her there, since it's a huge chunk of change, but we'll keep her there as long as we can! I would highly recommend it! If you need any info, just let me know, I'll help out anyway I can!

    Jenny~ I missed you this last week, too! I know you were super busy with work, and we were starting our first week of school over here, so we were a little out of whack. Let's make sure to catch up this week! Oh, and I seriously laughed out loud when I read what you said Jeff said in response to me hating bacon, hahaha. I think I'm the only person in the world who hates bacon. I love prociutto, though, so it must be a texture thing. I hope he'll still let us be friends!! :)

    Trischa~ Thank you for the compliments on my kiddos! You're so sweet. I guess I'll keep them around for a little while longer ;) ...I know you know how precious "un-needed" time is, with kids of your own- it was seriously the best gift. You forget what it's like just to hear your thoughts and not be on alert. I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete