Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday Latelies- Perfection!

Happy September!

The best season is upon us :)

Oh my goodness this was the best. week. ever. 
Shout out to Jenny with the dramatic punctuation.

Seriously though, linking up with BEX, was awesome because this week "perfection."
No thing or person is perfect, but this week was pretty darn close to perfection, actually. 
Maybe that's why this video is so long.
Don't let that scare you, though!
I promise I'm nice!

So enjoy my best. week. ever. in this week's


Yup, "vimeo" did it again- they made my face pause in a funny way. 
How they choose that spot, who knows! 


 My curtains are finished! Below are two pictures of the final product.
Oh, I'm so happy with them!
Perfection.

HERE is the link to my full post and tutorial about them, if you want more pictures and info on how to do it yourself. Seriously, if I can do it, you can. 

If you end up making curtains like these, let me know how it goes; I'd love to hear about it! 
Email me at jmcadriel@gmail.com for any questions.






Blackberry Crisp

Really, this was perfection. Maybe the only thing that can really
own that word. Geez, lou-eeeez was this the best dessert I've had in months. 
Want the recipe? Here you go...

Ingredients


  • Preheat oven to 350°F
  • In medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour and salt.
  • Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
  • Set aside.
  • Place berries in a medium sized baking dish.
  • Sprinkle with sugar.
  • Sprinkle crumb mixture on top.
  • Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
  • Serve warm with ice cream.

Here is how I adapted the recipe. Two things...

1) This recipe doesn't call for a bottom "crust," but I call for it :). Use the exact same ingredients as the top calls for, and do it for the bottom. It's way better. For reals.

2) After you put the berries in the pan, before you put the top layer of the oats/brown sugar mixture on top, sprinkle a little bit of sugar and a little bit of cinnamon over the berries. THIS is what makes it.

Try it and let me know what you think!


I Got Me A Tattoo 

Happy Birthday, Self!

Here is a quote that is perfection in describing what the early
Celtic Christians were all about, and my inspiration behind my new ink.

"a rich worship tradition; fosters prayer in everyday language; is 'green' in its stewardship of the earth; affirms women and men equally; is committed to living in community; nurtures radical discipleship; is passionate about peace and justice; has no divide between sacred and secular; engages critically with contemporary culture; is rooted in mission not maintenance."
 
 OUR TATTOO DAY

On Our Way


 Rach Was Up First

Mid- Process


About to yell out random names to cope :)


My Turn!

"Rach, it doesn't hurt at all. What are you talking about?"


"Ok, THAT part really hurt. Damn pinky toe bone."
Thanks Rach, for the funny picture. Thanks Jenny for texting me in action.

But, it was worth it!

My Simplified Celtic Cross

Rach's "Agape."


Thanks for all of your love and support on this 1/2 Blog-versary! 
I'm so grateful for every single one of you, and what you've taught me.

If you haven't been able to get to my blog, try this. Click "unfollow,", and then go to
and click "follow" again. Hopefully that works, so we can stay connected!
Thanks Trischa for being my guinea pig! I appreciate it!

Have a great weekend! I'm off to celebrate my marriage, and life :)

See you next week!
 

5 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE your friend's 'agape' tattoo! I want to get some ink this year, too... not sure what or where yet, though! Ok, now I need to watch your video...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did have a perfect week!! Yay! Oh, and I like blackberry crisp so much better than I like blackberry cobbler. I am a little jealous that you have fresh blackberries, but I'm adding them to my shopping list right now so I can make some crisp of my own. I'll just pretend that they are fresh-picked. Hope you have a wonderful anniversary/birthday date and a great holiday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea~ My friend had wanted "agape" for almost 10 years, so she was super excited about it. I'll have to pass long your compliments- she'll be thrilled :). Do you have any tattoos? If you need a great place to get your tattoo done, Hidden Hand Tattoo in Fremont is where we went, and it was amazing!

    Trischa~ Thanks for the anniversary and birthday well wishes! Let me tell you, this mama needs a break, haha. One of those crazy kid weeks :). If you end up making the blackberry crisp, I'd love to hear what you think! I might have to make another one this weekend, since they're so good. And of course, if you have any questions at all, just let me know! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that we could do the tattoos together!!!! And Andrea - thanks! :)

    Also, yay for blackberries and grey striped curtains! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH - and Happy birthday/ Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete