Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday Latelies

I wore make-up for you this week!
Can you even believe it?!
I never do my make-up during the week. 
But, sometimes it's fun to add a little "Drama" to your life. 

I'm also a liar.

I told you I was going to keep the video under 10 minutes, and that definitely was not the truth. I'm sorry, I just like the sound of my voice! 
 (please sense my sarcasm)

Link up with BEX and tell us what you're loving this week, or just pop over there and see/meet some other awesome ladies who are sharing their life with the world.

Click    H E R E
    for this week's "Thursday Latelies" video
!

Burt's Bees Soap Bark & Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream is doing wonders for the look and feel of my skin. It smells nice, is refreshing, and makes my face feel the cleanest it's felt from a soap/wash, in a long time.

E.L.F. "Drama" Eyeshadow Quad is a fun way to get a smoky eye look. You can be as dramatic or subtle as you want with your look, since there are lighter and darker shades to choose from. I'm really loving this "quad." The "Super Glossy Lip Shine" is making me happy this week, too. You can't beat $1.00 for a fun way to spruce yourself up!


The Pumpkin Muffins (ok, cupcakes) were a hit this week. They were so easy, I'll be making lots more- it's possible pumpkin muffins will be coming out our ears :). If you try the recipe, let me know what you think!


My hubby and I have been enjoying HULU this week, as an alternative for paying an arm and a leg for cable. It doesn't have the "NFL Sunday Ticket" though, so we may just be getting cable after all ;).

I wanted write out the final paragraph from "The Last Battle" - the last book in the Chronicles of Narnia series. It's beautiful way to end such an amazing series. It's worth sharing, so if nothing else, I can be reminded of the soulful experience I had while reading it.

"Then Aslan turned to then and said: "You do not yet look so happy as I mean you to be." 
Lucy said, "We're so afraid of being sent away, Aslan. And you sent us back into our own world so often."

"No fear of that," said Aslan. "Have you not guessed?"

Their hearts leapt, and a wild hope rose within them.

"There was a real railway accident," said Aslan softly. "Your father and mother and all of you are- as you used to call it in the Shadowlands- dead. The term is over: the holidays have begun. The dream is ended: this is the morning."

And as he spoke, he no longer looked to them like a lion; but the things that began to happen after that were so great and beautiful that I cannot write them. And for us this is the end of all the stories, and we can most truly say that they all lived happily ever after. But for them it was only the beginning of the real story. All of their life in this world and their adventures in Narnia had only been the cover and the title page: now at last they were beginning Chapter One of the Great Story which no one on earth has has read: which goes on for ever: in which ever chapter is better than the one before."



On to "Hunger Games!" ;)

 
HAVE A LOVELY WEEK AHEAD!

2 comments:

  1. I was getting ready to make pumpkin bread, but realized I didn't have enough flour. Then I remembered your pumpkin muffins and tried that recipe instead, since I did have a cake mix. Y.U.M. Thanks for sharing the recipe!! My 4-year-old helped make them and he just tried one and said, "Wow. We made good muffins, Mom!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Trischa!
    I'm so glad you enjoyed the muffins! That's great your 4-year old gave the seal of approval- you know it's good then, haha. My batch is already gone- whoops! I guess I'll be making more soon :). Have a wonderful weekend!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete