Thursday, October 6, 2011

Thursday Latelies- Pumpkin Perfection

What a great week this has been! After 4 days in a row of blogging, Jenny and I are taking a one day hiatus to do our usual Thursday Latelies. Let's link up with BEX and have some Thursday fun with us!

We will be back tomorrow and Saturday to wrap up "The Identity Games."
Click here and here to get caught up on yesterday's "comparison" post.
Just joining us? Click here and here to watch our intro videos about that purpose of this whole week.

Today was a cold, rainy, and cozy day. In fact, this whole week has been like that.
So naturally, I've done a few baking projects, because food tastes better when you're cozy. It's a fact.

AND I have an awesome opportunity. For a non-risk taker, I'm taking a risk.
I need your help, too!
Watch this weeks video for yummy food ideas, and to hear what my opportunity is.




I'm in the running to be the next "Verity Mom!"
I am so excited about this job.
This is an amazing blogging, encouraging other moms, and growing opportunity.
I'm applicant #4- go check out my application video and blog post. I'll post the video below as well.
Please support me by tweeting, facebooking, and leaving comments on my application page. I'll let you know if I am a
finalist, so you can support me by voting for me!
Thank you!!!




Ok, ready for some awesome recipes?!

The pumpkin bread I made was a hit! It tasted so good! I wish you could come over to my house and so we could have a piece of it together. Since that can't happen here is the recipe for you to try at your own home. It's easy, non-rising, and doesn't take a long time.

Ok, here is a picture of the AMAZING pumpkin cookies my friend, Leah Allen, graciously gave me the recipe for. Thank you, times a million, Leah, for letting the world experience the perfection that are your cookies! Seriously, if you make anything this week, make these cookies. You'll die. And go to heaven.




Pumpkin Cookies:
1 Cup Pumpkin
1 Egg
1 Cup Sugar
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Butter
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1Tsp Nutmeg
1Tsp Salt

Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
 Cream the butter and sugar. Add egg and pumpkin. 
Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl and add in progressively to wet ingredients.

Frosting:
3 Tbls Butter
4 Tsp Milk
½ Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup powdered sugar
¾ Tsp Vanilla
Heat butter, milk and brown sugar in microwave until fully dissolved and LET COOL.  Add powdered sugar and vanilla.  Put on Cookies and ENJOY!
(Usually make a double batch of frosting)



Try some Goodearth Original Herbal Tea with two pinches of brown sugar.
The perfect compliment to anything pumpkin. Especially the cookies and bread, above. I'm loving this drink so much.


Black bean salad anyone? Easiest thing in the world. It's fresh, healthy, and absolutely delicious.

1 Can of Black Beans
1 Roma Tomato
1/2 of a Bell Pepper- chop up
Handful of Cilantro- chop finely
A dash of Cumin
A dash of Salt
Squeeze 1/2 a lime over the ingredients.


Enjoy!




Have a great week! Thank you in advance for your support in me becoming the next Verity Mom! I'll keep you posted.
See you tomorrow when Jenny and I continue "The Identity Games" series.

~Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment